Guiding Harbor has a variety of volunteer opportunities available. If you are interested in sharing your skills and talents, we can connect you to an opportunity where you can make the biggest impact!
For groups that are interested in a project, we have lots of ideas and we need your help!
Beautification projects (painting, gardening, etc.); child care at our events; service projects; host a card party.
If you are interested in volunteering call 734-697-7242.
Mentoring relationships are a shared opportunity for learning and growth. Many mentors say that the rewards they gain are as substantial as those for their mentees.
Here’s what mentoring can do for you:
Have fun; Improve self-esteem; Make a difference; Improve your understanding of what others experience.
Here’s what mentoring can do for the youth you will work with:
Improved performance in school; decreased likelihood for using drugs and alcohol; increased participation in sports and other extracurricular activities; improved work performance.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor call 734-697-7242.
Thank you for considering a donation. Your generosity is very much appreciated.
A gift of hygiene products, toys, games or activity supplies are examples of donations that can make a big difference to children and families we serve. Here you will find some of the most-needed items:
Please bring or mail donations to:
525 E. Huron River Dr.
Belleville, MI 48112
Please fill out a donation slip when you bring your donation.
Please contact us at 734-697-7242 if you have any questions about donations or if you need more information delivering your donation.
Restrictions and Special Notes
- We accept used items of any kind. This includes stuffed animals that have not been played with but have been on display or shelves in a home (Example: Beanie Baby collections).
- We CAN accept newly purchased stuffed animals with tags still attached.
- Please do not include food items (snacks/candy) in activity bags or gifts.
- We are unable to use VHS tapes.
- We need to see all items before they are distributed, so please do not wrap gifts for children.
- Please make sure you check all hand sewn items to remove any needles or pins you may have used during construction.
- We cannot accept donations of toys with weapons or violent themes such as guns, knives, swords, or other projectiles. This includes guns with styrofoam or plastic bullets.
Let us do the Shopping
- Back Packs
- School Supplies
- Twin size comforters and sheets
- Bath robes all sizes
MP3 players (no camera or WiFi)
- Bath towels
- Wash clothes
- Hygiene products
- Body lotion
- Dove soap
- Laundry bags